SUCCESS STORY: MARTISA COMPONENTS
Manufacturing and mechanical engineering
Martisa Components began to create some of their final tools and parts through 3D printing. Thanks to the good results, they now have a 3D printer in their company, to improve manufacturing processes, reducing costs and manufacturing times.
About Martisa Components
At Martisa Components they have more than 20 years of experience working in the manufacturing and mechanical engineering sector, carrying out welding, stamping and finishing work. To do this, they look for the most advanced technology on the market, positioning themselves as market leaders.
Reducing costs and validating prototypes through 3D printing
“3D printing has allowed us to validate parts before passing them on to the Machining Center and this has meant a great reduction in costs in our company, as well as innovating with new products. Now, we can do fit tests, at a much cheaper price, and manufacture final part tooling with high-quality additive manufacturing technology.”
Carlos Borderías – Technical Office of MARTISA COMPONENTS
The challenge: reduce manufacturing costs of parts
The objective of Martisa Components is to continue offering all companies the highest quality in stamping, welding and finishing work. To do this, they believed that the way of manufacturing needed to be updated to meet the needs of the market.
And for this reason, they decided to implement 3D printing as a new method of prototyping. Thanks to additive manufacturing, they can validate their parts before passing them on to their final manufacturing through the Machining Center, and even manufacture tools and other 3D printed parts that they previously did not have the capacity to produce.
For 3D prototyping we use FDM (fused deposition modeling) technology, which is designed for the tooling of final parts for stamping and, above all, for welding work. And the materials used for industrial 3D manufacturing are Glace and Polysher.
The solution: final parts for the manufacture of beds and hospital furniture, as well as pedals and other components
The results of the implementation of this project have been very remarkable, from the business point of view, for Martisa Components. This technology allows them to validate all the parts before they go to the printing center, with the cost reduction that this entails.
Thanks to 3D printing, different tests and the necessary adjustments of the part can be made and, in the event that there is any type of error in the 3D part, there is no problem, since the modification costs are much lower with a 3D prototyping than with the physical part directly.
In short, by having additive manufacturing, Martisa Components has been able to carry out the production of a large number of new parts, with a quite significant cost reduction.
Project results: personalized parts at a lower price, thanks to 3D printing
One of the main objectives of INTECH3D is for companies to improve their competitiveness within their production sector through 3D printing, which will allow them to offer a greater competitive advantage and not stay behind other companies. And so it has been in the case of Martisa Components, who now not only offer the highest quality in their work, but also benefit from a more effective production chain with additive manufacturing.
In short, betting on this 3D manufacturing technology has given them very positive results in the following aspects:
- The possibility of obtaining a wide variety of pieces or parts of these whenever required.
- The reduction of costs, since the amount of money that must be allocated to create pieces is less.
- The validation of their work before being definitively manufactured, since they can create prototypes with 3D printing and validate that the parts are correct.
- In addition, they can offer a better response to their customers, further improving customization depending on their specific needs.
The INTECH3D 3D Consulting process
INTECH3D we are business advisers and consultants, in the field of the integration of additive production technologies in the value chains of companies. We take responsibility for the correct integration of the teams in the value chain of each company or business:
- Advice during the choice of the right technology
- Marketing of equipment, consumables and spare parts
- Training for the use of the necessary Hardware and Software
- Integrated equipment maintenance
- Official technical service for all products marketed
The INTECH3D technical team has more than 6 years of experience in various 3D printing technologies. We have different technologies and manufacturing materials with 3D printing, to cover the different technological or business needs of each sector:
- Conceptual prototypes
- Functional prototypes
- Final components
- Workshop tools
- Spare parts
- Short and medium production series.
It is also very important that all the departments of the same company know all the possibilities and benefits that 3D printing can bring to their sector:
- Risk reduction in manufacturing
- Reduced manufacturing costs
- Reduced manufacturing time
- Validation with a prototype before making an investment in final manufacturing
- Manufacture "on demand", without discarding material.
- Reduction of the "Time to Market" of the final product
- Manufacture of "Bridge" series to know its fit in the market
- Possibility of making short production series
- Elimination of time in the provision of Stock
If you want to apply 3D printing technology in your company or business, do not hesitate to contact us. We are at the service of companies for the immediate resolution of any doubt or query related to the use of the equipment.
Do you need more information about any of our solutions or would you like us to advise you on how to integrate 4.0 technology in your company?